POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Paris by night - 1951 - wip : Re: Paris by night - 1951 - wip Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paris by night - 1951 - wip
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 26 Mar 2011 16:20:00
Message: <web.4d8e49f8d16f200e9e5cacc00@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> I believe it is time to reveal the state-of-the-art of my latest work for
> the TC-RTC.

> What is your impression?

It's most excellent, Thomas! Your attention to detail and proficiency at
modeling really come through.

The atmosphere might need a little work. I'm not sure how to achieve realistic
scattering effects as I'm not too great at using media, but I wonder if you
could fake some of it with emitting media? MegaPOV's glows might also do the
trick, though it would require going back to 3.6.

More pronounced reflections on the surfaces also wouldn't hurt. I'm guessing
they would have more to reflect if the air was receiving more light...

All-in-all it's a superb modeling job and faithful reproduction of the original.
Good job!

~Sam